Mission San Fernando Rey de España is a Spanish mission in the Mission Hills district of Los Angeles, California. The mission was founded on September 8, 1797, and was the seventeenth of the twenty-one Spanish missions established in Alta California.
The mission was secularized in 1834 and returned to the Catholic Church in 1861; it became a working church in 1920.
The mission grounds function as a museum; the church is a chapel of ease of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
No Comments yet.